Christmas 2017 Wish List
Can you believe we are only 39 days away from my most favorite holiday of all time? Believe it. I'm not sure where 2017 went, but for many reasons, I'm about over it.
As I've gotten older, I've found that finding an answer to the "what's on your Christmas list" question has gotten increasingly more difficult to answer. I mean, I really don't NEED anything. As cliche as it sounds, I have my health, my family, my puppy dog, the blood of Christ – I mean, what more can a girl wish for? Trick question... because then I remember all of the designer bags I've had my eye on and the household appliances that would make adulting a little easier.
This year, the few things I want are mainly aspirational – meaning, if I don't get them I promise not to throw a temper tantrum, but they are just things that I'm drawn to aesthetically. Like, I wouldn't mind having them in my closet... but it's not the end of the world if they don't end up there (I hope my husband isn't reading this. And if he is, I hope you aren't taking this literally because I dare you to not...nevermind lol).
Anyway, here are a few things that made my short list:
1. I really love the timelessness of the YSL Monogram bag so that definitely made the list. And, as someone who has denounced wallets and now carries card cases, the YSL version wouldn't be a bad upgrade.
2. GUCCI. Brrr.
3. Coffee table books. Ya'll know I've been on a decorating frenzy. My living room and kitchen areas are almost complete. I'm ordering a credenza soon and that will complete the space as far as furniture is concerned, but I'm not in the stage of collecting all knick knacks I can find. That includes coffee table books. The Tom Ford, Vogue and Chanel ones top my list.
4. Because I'm an adult... er... lazy adult, I REALLY want (need) a robot vacuum. I happened to get the defective golden doodle from the liter and he unfortunately sheds like crazy, and this puppy mama ain't got time to be sweeping floors every day as a result. So, one of those would be especially awesome.
5. While we're on the topic of adulthood, another must have item is the Ring doorbell. Opening my door as felt a lot like playing Russian Roulette because you never know what you're gonna get when the unexpected doorbell rings. So it would be nice to track packages and people alike with a camera-enabled doorbell.
6. Also on the adult list (sorta), are a pair of new glasses. Cute ones, preferably. I'm pretty much bling and wear contacts everyday, but I would love to switch the game up sometimes with a nice pair of frames... think Devil Wears Prada style.
7. Have I told ya'll how much I used to hate candles but how much I am now obsessed with them? Well, I am obsessed. While my favorites are still by Wax Cabin Co (get you one), I have a couple Diptyque candles on my list because I'm fancy (and basic) AF.
8. My home bar is pretty impressive if I do say so myself. I have all the bar things – more than one muddler, bar spoons, shakers, jiggers, strainers, you name it. But what I don't have is a pretty gold wine rack, gold lined coupe glasses (I said gold-lined, I only have regular ones lol), or a whiskey barrel. Because... necessary.
9. If my husband is feeling super giving, I wouldn't mind a nice band to accompany my engagement/wedding ring. Lol
10. And last, but certainly not least, I am accepting all the gift cards – which mainly means Target. But Homegoods, TJ Maxx and the likes will also do.
Stay tuned for a gift guide coming soon! I plan to break it down by types of people, to make things easy.
What's on your wish list?