My weakness = foods of the dessert variety. And french fries. French fries are probably one of the biggest reasons I couldn't be a serious contender of the Paleo life. That is, because I've found a "healthy" paleo-friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe that I like (dare I say it) probably even more than regular chocolate chip cookies. Just trust me on this one.
My co-worker-friend who has been paleo for about 2.5 years now introduced me and literally flipped my world upside down. BUT THEY'RE SO GOOD HOW THE HELL ARE THESE GLUTEN-CARB-LOVE-HANDLE-FREE? I've made them three times in the last two weeks, so again, just trust me on this one. They're made with almond flour which removes the bloat and coconut oil which removes the guilt. The dark chocolate chips are there because you're an adult and no one tells you what to do. AND there's no egg, so twerk one time for safe cookie dough!
I modify mine a bit and add ground flax seeds because me and my digestive tract aren't always on the same page. Here's the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cup of almond flour (you can find it online here or try your local grocery store)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can use butter if you're about that life)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional: ground flax seed mill
- 3/4 cup natural dark chocolate chips
How to whip them up:
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix (honey, vanilla, oil/butter)
- Add in dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, flour, flax seeds)
- Add in chocolate chips
- Roll into balls and place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet
- Press down to flatten (these won't fall themselves like normal cookies)
- Bake for 6-10 minutes - until bottoms are browned. Do not over cook. I repeat. Do not over cook
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting
For more paleo-friendly food pics and recipes, follow my coworker-friend, Rita, on Instagram!
Also, it's almond milk.