This leap year has blessed us with a Sunday Valentine's Day, and because most people I know have adulthood to tend to Monday, I assume most evening/dinner plans have been arranged for Saturday night (unless you're my best friend celebrating her first Valentine's Day with her new beau and has taken Monday off to commemorate this man-made holiday, of course).
If you're like me, you likely have brunch plans for Sunday because anything after 5pm is a no-go (unless you're really in the Sunday Funday spirit). So whether those brunch plans are inclusive of a home-cooked meal or spending your hard-earned adult monies at Yelp's best-reviewed chicken and waffles spot, I have the perfect brunch (or pre/post brunch) cocktail for you.
Let's be honest, the only thing that makes this Valentine-y is the blush color, so trust me when I say that this recipe will extend to Memorial Day, and beyond.
Here's what you'll need:
- Blood Orange Soda (I got mine from World Market, but you can also use San Pelligrino)
- Raspberry Liqueur (I used Mathilde Framboise Liqueur)
- Champagne Flutes (how cute are the ones I got from World Market? They were on a one-day buy one get one FREE sale. Love these and these)
- 1 Blood Orange (for garnish)
How to make it:
- Fill your glass halfway (or more) with champagne
- Add blood orange soda (enough to make you content)
- Add a splash of raspberry liqueur
- Garnish with blood orange wedge
- Make a whole carafe
- Enjoy several
Happy Valentine's Day, yall.